- NFIV Business Optimism index- a score above 103 would be positive.
- Consumer Inflation report- likely 2%.
- FED’s final 2019 FOMC meeting- expect continued dovish tone with no rate increases.
- New European Central Bank president Christine Lagarde first press conference- happy talk about continued easy money and support for fiscal spending would be well received.
- UK election- a large majority (either way) might help to reassure markets that BREXIT will finally be resolved.
- Retail Sales report- expectations are low, so a good number could move the market higher.
- Deadline for next round of tariffs to be imposed on Chinese products. Today Reuters reported that, “Beijing hopes it can reach a trade agreement with the United States…”- expect “the can” to get kicked down the road…again!
The S&P 500’s 20 day moving average is ~3106; lots of good news this week could cause a bounce from there to a new record high.
The Robots are Coming: A Human’s Survival Guide to Profiting in the Age of Automation available at AMAZON and all fine bookstores.
Listen to the Wealthsteading Podcast to receive updated market commentary:
The 10 Wealth Building Principles can be heard at:
Subscribe to the Wealthsteading Podcast: